Coronavirus COVID - 19 Measures taken by Wellington Medical Practice
Due to ongoing coronavirus concerns and based on a in house risk assessment Wellington Medical Practice has temporarily changed the appointment/access system as follows this is to keep the coronavirus risk low for safety of patients and staff.
1) All appointments to be booked via telephone access. Please avoid queuing in the mornings and coming into reception.
2) All patients with prebooked appointments will need to use the intercom system situated at the practice entrance door to be asked screening questions for coronavirus on the day of the appointment.
Please be patient and wait for your turn. A member of our reception team will be manning the entrance door in case any help is needed.
3) Sick note requests - if you are requesting a sick note please call us after 11:00am, the call handlers will take the relevant information and your sick note will be posted out to your address. There is no need for you to come to the practice to collect it.
4) If you have received a letter from the practice requesting you make an appointment to see a Clinician to discuss results please call the practice.
5) To request repeat prescriptions you can either call Prescription Ordering Direct on 580350 or bring your repeat request into practice and put in the outside box.
Many thanks for your cooperation
Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) are a major part of our healthcare team
Please watch the videos below to learn more about our Allied Health Professionals
Patsy Clifton - Our Nurse Manager
Sunni - Our Urgent Care Nurse
Krytian - Our Consultant Physiotherapist
Dominic - Our Urgent Care Practitioner
Mellisa - Our Health Care Assistant (HCA)
Dianne - Our Health Care Assistant
Dr Dez Ebenezer - GP Managing Partner
About Wellington Medical Practice
Wellington Medical Practice serves a patient population of approximately 14,500 patients.
From the 1st of April 2017 the practice has been led by five GP partners.
The five clinical partners who are all experienced GPs are
Dr T O’Brien Dr D Ebenezer Dr N Singh Dr J Ebenezer Dr R Kaur
With the help of our experienced reception and admin staff as well as our treatment room team we aim to provide a high level of care to our patients
A full summary of your healthcare team at Wellington Medical Practice can be found on ‘The Team’ tab above.
Our guiding principles as a practice are summarised below
For our patients
The right care at the right time
We aim to deliver safe and fair healthcare for our patients at the appropriate time based on medical need. This will involve the use of allied health professionals to provide a wider variety of clinicians for patients to see.
Working together with patients to deliver a holistic health service
This means we may not always prescribe a drug. Tablets are only part of the treatment for most medical problems. We will guide patients to other resources or sources of help and will work closely with other organisations to support our patients.
We aim to helping patients better understand their conditions through support so patients have confidence with their medical problems. This is especially important for long term conditions like Diabetes and High blood pressure. It is equally important for self-limiting problems like viral illnesses.
For our staff
· Every member of staff at Wellington Medical Practice is a healthcare provider, not just our doctors
Our reception and admin team are as important as our clinical team.
Our reception and administrative team have been involved in our new patient care pathways, have shared patient experiences with the clinicians to help improve care and have been a major part in recent changes to the services to deliver better patient care.
Likewise health care is delivered by our administrative team without whom services would not be able to function.
Our nurses and our health care assistant teams deliver high quality care and services as detailed in the ‘Services’ page above.
· We support our staff in a happy work environment so they can support our patients
We value our staff and will help each other deliver effective health care. We will also ensure our practice is a friendly, safe and supportive atmosphere to work in.
For our future NHS
· We will encourage and train the next generation of health care providers
We will continue to train medical students, junior doctors, GP trainees as well as nurses and other members of the clinical team.
We would like to thank our patients who see our medical students and trainees as it will help train the next generation of health care providers.
We will continue to train our reception and admin staff to continue to deliver high quality health care for our patients.